I’ve been a collegiate sports performance coach for 20 years. One thing I always felt was effective was showing guys the heights and weights of players at their position in the pros.
It helped give many players the extra motivation needed to gain weight when they were able to compare themselves to guys at the next level.
So, this is essentially the same research I would share with players, but now I’m sharing it with you. I took the 8 25-man active rosters for the 2023 season (a few weeks just before the first week of the season), almost 200 players total and broke them down by position.
For this guide, I took an average of the heights and weights of the 108 active Midfielders across the league. This included Midfielders, Defensive Midfielders, Long Stick Midfielders and Face Off guys*.
In addition, just for fun, I listed the tallest, shortest, heaviest and lightest Midfielders as well. Go ahead and impress someone today with your newfound random lacrosse knowledge.
*I know it could be debated if all of these positions are true Midfielders. For what it’s worth, if you separate out each position there is very little difference between them except that Face Off guys on average are a bit shorter than the other midfield positions.
Average Height of a Pro Lacrosse Midfielder
The average height of a Premiere Lacrosse League Midfielder is 72.81 inches or just over 6’0 3/4″.
Average Weight of a Pro Lacrosse Midfielder
The average weight of a Premiere Lacrosse League Midfielder is 197.95 pounds.
Who Are The Tallest Midfielders in the PLL?
There are five guys listed at 6’5″ which is the tallest in the league.
- Myles Jones – 6’5″ – Midfield – Redwoods
- Romar Dennis – 6’5″ – Midfield – Atlas
- Cole Williams – 6’5″ – Midfield – Chrome
- Michael Ehrhardt – 6’5″ – Long Stick Midfielder – Whipsnakes
- Jared Conners – 6’5″ – Long Stick Midfielder – Archers
Who are the Shortest Midfielders in the PLL?
There are four guys in the league listed at 5’9″ or shorter.
- Nick Grill – 5’8″ – Long Stick Midfielder – Chrome
- TD Ierlan – 5’9″ – Face-Off – Redwoods
- Jon Robbins – 5’9″ – Long Stick Midfielder – Archers
- Kyle Jackson – 5’9″ – Midfield – Chaos
Who are the Heaviest Midfielders in the PLL?
There are six midfielders listed at 225 pounds or heavier.
- Myles Jones – 260 pounds – Midfield – Redwoods
- Connor Farrell – 240 pounds – Face Off – Chrome
- Romar Dennis – 230 pounds – Midfield – Atlas
- Connor Kirst – 230 pounds – Defensive Midfield – Whipsnakes
- Sergio Perkovic – 225 pounds – Midfield – Redwoods
Who are the Lightest Midfielders in the PLL?
There are only four guys listed at under 175 pounds.
- Connor Fields – 160 pounds – Midfield – Archers
- Reece Eddy – 163 pounds – Long Stick Midfielder – Archers
- Anthony DeMaio – 165 pounds – Midfield – Redwoods
- Kyle Jackson – 166 pounds – Midfield – Chaos
Two-thirds of Midfielders fall in a tight 20 pound window – from 190 to 210 – when it comes to weight. That’s one of the most uniform size ranges for a position in any sport I’ve looked at.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t some outliers at the position though.
Myles Jones at 6’5″ and 260 could easily pass for a Defensive End in the NFL.
On the other end of the spectrum, at 5’9″ and 166 pounds, Kyle Jackson proves that you can play the sport at the highest level no matter what your size if you have the skill.
Or, check out a complete breakdown and comparison of heights and weights by position across the entire league.